#1 2014-10-13 16:59:53

solaris

Enable sit feature (ipv6-in-ipv4 tunnel)

tl;dr I suggest the "sit" feature be turned on using vcztl for all CTs, which seems to be easy to implement.

Currently the NanoVZ LES box comes with a /64 IPv6 subnet, and I'm trying to use it as a tunnelbroker server to offer ipv6-over-ipv4 tunnels (where ipv4 is a VPN internal IP so no worry about NAT'ed IPv4 issues).

To implement this, an sit0 device is required but currently not supported on the NanoVZ and InceptionHosting LES boxes:

# ip tunnel add 6to4 mode sit
add tunnel "sit0" failed: No such device

From the OpenVZ wiki [0] I see that it's a feature that can be turned on using vzctl, thus I guess this feature would be easy to implement.

Thank you.

[0] https://openvz.org/Man/vzctl.8#Features_management

#2 2014-10-14 02:00:23

RyanB
Trusted Member

Re: Enable sit feature (ipv6-in-ipv4 tunnel)

That would be because as far as i can see it is a Per Container Configuration, it must manually be set by

vzctl set CTID --feature sit:on --save

This is what is stopping me offering sit, FUSE and a few more config's as standard smile

If you send me a Ticket on NanoVZ requesting this i can set it up for your container, in the mean time. i am trying to work on a script to be able to enable more things on containers as users need them.
(more then likely in Bash again, but that is quite low on my To-do list)

#3 2015-05-02 07:42:26

ot

RyanB wrote:

... in the mean time. i am trying to work on a script to be able to enable more things on containers as users need them.
(more then likely in Bash again, but that is quite low on my To-do list)

Hi,

Any news on this? At least it's going up on your To-Do list now? btw, sent you a ticket to set it up on one of mine

#4 2015-06-11 18:44:45

Keith

To use ipv6 over ipv4 with a nat vps, protocol 41 would have to be forwarded through the nat.
While this would work for one server, forwarding protocol 41 for more than one server would be a problem.

Board footer