#1 2013-03-06 22:07:59

mikho
Low End Mod
Website

need ideas on what script to use ...

Hello,

I recently bought linuxadminscripts.com/.net with the intention to start a site where people can add short snippets of code that would be useful for other vps users.

something in the line of commandlinefu.com

Any ideas on what I could use (if already made) I'm not really in the mood to invent something myself as of now smile

#2 2013-03-07 12:44:20

Backtogeek
Low End Boss
Website

Re: need ideas on what script to use ...

Hmm, it looks fairly custom, I cant think of anything off hand that would work for it, that is the sort of thing joepie91 would probably be able to make a few suggestions on though.

Like a cross between blite and pastie.org

https://upto32.com retro gaming and nostalgia forum that does not take itself to seriously smile

#3 2013-03-07 12:49:35

mikho
Low End Mod
Website

pastie was my first thought but there are no search function for it sad

Perhaps one could use some sort of Q&A script, where the Q actually would be the code snippet and the A would be comments.
I am testing this out, trying to get a feeling if it would be possible or not.

#4 2013-03-07 13:08:24

Backtogeek
Low End Boss
Website

Well the past's are just heald in a database so I imagine searching could be added,

https://upto32.com retro gaming and nostalgia forum that does not take itself to seriously smile

#5 2013-03-08 16:39:48

Raymii
Website

Maybe you can use a piece of forum software like vanilla or that new forum software which I can't remember the name of, and have rules in place which state that a topic contains code and nothing else.

You might even consider this piece of software: http://camendesign.com/code/nononsense_forum

It is perfect for a LEB, because of no database, and:

NoNonsense Forum is a free, open source, PHP-based simple discussion forum. It favours removing barriers to conversation rather than massaging egos.

It is ideal if you want a discussion platform you can throw up in seconds, is quick and easy to administer, simple to use and works great as a private forum for a team working together

Also

No hoops to jump through
I just want to talk, I don’t want to go through registration and e-mail confirmation and logging in each time.

NoNonsense Forum asks you for a name and password when you post. This name and password forms a unique token, protecting the name from other people using it. Every time you want to post, just use the same name and password to keep the same name.

https://raymii.org - Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

#6 2013-03-08 16:43:56

mikho
Low End Mod
Website

A first look at the nononsense forum looks like a vanilla type of forum but with not withthe same features.
It sure looks interesting.
I think that will be my project for tonight and set one up.

#7 2013-03-10 19:57:30

mikho
Low End Mod
Website

I did try the NoNonsense script and it IS easy, but after installing it I got the feeling that it will be kind of hard to administer. I was/am looking for something like that but hopefully easier smile Hope you understand what I mean.

I have decided to put the project on hold for awhile and finally complete something else that I started a long time ago.
Thanks for the suggestion and I think you showed the first step.

Board footer