#76 2014-02-11 07:41:12

lacinonac
Trusted Member
Registered: 2014-02-10
Posts: 11

Re: OpenVPN automated installer

I can connect to VPN with OpenVPN Client but I cant access to Internet.

Any ideas?

Offline

#77 2014-02-11 13:38:41

Nyr
Trusted Member
Registered: 2013-03-04
Posts: 335

Re: OpenVPN automated installer

lacinonac wrote:

I can connect to VPN with OpenVPN Client but I cant access to Internet.

Any ideas?

If on Windows, are you running the client as administrator?

If not on Windows, paste client connection log.

Offline

#78 2014-02-12 01:50:57

lacinonac
Trusted Member
Registered: 2014-02-10
Posts: 11

Re: OpenVPN automated installer

Yes im running as administrator.

Offline

#79 2014-02-12 05:20:21

mikho
Low End Mod
From: Hell and gore == Sweden
Registered: 2013-03-02
Posts: 1,313
Website

Re: OpenVPN automated installer

lacinonac wrote:

Yes im running as administrator.

The infamous version as in "right click and run as administrator"?
Even if the user is an admimistrator this is sometimes needed.

Offline

#80 2014-02-12 14:43:20

lacinonac
Trusted Member
Registered: 2014-02-10
Posts: 11

Re: OpenVPN automated installer

Yes I used that option and makes the connections without problem but I cant access to internet.

Offline

#81 2014-02-12 14:43:30

Nyr
Trusted Member
Registered: 2013-03-04
Posts: 335

Re: OpenVPN automated installer

lacinonac wrote:

Yes im running as administrator.

Paste a client connection log.

Offline

#82 2014-02-12 20:30:39

lacinonac
Trusted Member
Registered: 2014-02-10
Posts: 11

Re: OpenVPN automated installer

Where I can find the log in Windows?

Offline

#83 2014-02-12 20:44:48

Nyr
Trusted Member
Registered: 2013-03-04
Posts: 335

Re: OpenVPN automated installer

lacinonac wrote:

Where I can find the log in Windows?

Your client shows it while connecting.

Offline

#84 2014-02-12 20:54:55

lacinonac
Trusted Member
Registered: 2014-02-10
Posts: 11

Re: OpenVPN automated installer

He doesn't show anything, he just say the connection was successful. I'm using OpenVPN Client

Offline

#85 2014-02-12 20:58:58

Nyr
Trusted Member
Registered: 2013-03-04
Posts: 335

Re: OpenVPN automated installer

lacinonac wrote:

He doesn't show anything, he just say the connection was successful. I'm using OpenVPN Client

If you can't provide a log I can't help you. I don't use OpenVPN on Windows but take a look here:
http://www.surfbouncer.com/OpenVPN_logs.htm

Offline

#86 2014-02-12 21:25:53

lacinonac
Trusted Member
Registered: 2014-02-10
Posts: 11

Re: OpenVPN automated installer

Ok I changed the program and I can connect too but looks like I dont get IP (when I check on whatismyip it stays the same).

Log here - http://noted.pw/?paste=65

Offline

#87 2014-02-12 22:08:19

Nyr
Trusted Member
Registered: 2013-03-04
Posts: 335

Re: OpenVPN automated installer

Are you using any kind of firewall on your computer?

What version and SP of Windows are you running?

Could you please try adding the following line to your client.conf?

ip-win32 netsh

Offline

#88 2014-02-12 22:12:05

lacinonac
Trusted Member
Registered: 2014-02-10
Posts: 11

Re: OpenVPN automated installer

Windows Firewall, Win7 Pro SP1

I add that line and the problem persists.

Log - http://noted.pw/?paste=66

Offline

#89 2014-02-12 22:24:52

Nyr
Trusted Member
Registered: 2013-03-04
Posts: 335

Re: OpenVPN automated installer

I don't know why OpenVPN can't set the network config for the interface, but the problem is definitively client side.

Maybe some Windows guy can help you further.

Offline

#90 2014-02-12 22:28:48

lacinonac
Trusted Member
Registered: 2014-02-10
Posts: 11

Re: OpenVPN automated installer

Ok thanks a lot for the tips and all the help. I will dig more about this problem and if I find something I post here!

Cumps

Offline

#91 2014-02-17 05:56:30

user123
Member
Registered: 2014-02-17
Posts: 3

Re: OpenVPN automated installer

Thanks for all the work you put into this installer, Nyr. Unfortunately, I'm having a similar problem as lacinonac. I run the OpenVPN client as Administrator (and can use other VPNs fine) and can connect to my LES OpenVPN server, but can't access the internet once I do so. The only changes I made to the server and client configurations were to (1) update the cipher to AES-256-CBC and add a couple DNS servers.

Log before adding ip-win32 netsh: http://pastie.org/private/sxzqwuoy3waxebzrutpca

Log after adding ip-win32 netsh: http://pastie.org/private/70tgced4ekuuft8pogd1a

Offline

#92 2014-02-17 16:33:31

Nyr
Trusted Member
Registered: 2013-03-04
Posts: 335

Re: OpenVPN automated installer

user123 wrote:

Thanks for all the work you put into this installer, Nyr. Unfortunately, I'm having a similar problem as lacinonac. I run the OpenVPN client as Administrator (and can use other VPNs fine) and can connect to my LES OpenVPN server, but can't access the internet once I do so. The only changes I made to the server and client configurations were to (1) update the cipher to AES-256-CBC and add a couple DNS servers.

Log before adding ip-win32 netsh: http://pastie.org/private/sxzqwuoy3waxebzrutpca

Log after adding ip-win32 netsh: http://pastie.org/private/70tgced4ekuuft8pogd1a

Everything looks fine on the logs. Try reverting the changes you made, maybe Windows has problems dealing with more than 2 DNS servers and ends not setting any.

Offline

#93 2014-02-17 18:21:42

Backtogeek
Low End Boss
From: ~/
Registered: 2013-02-13
Posts: 3,518
Website

Re: OpenVPN automated installer

I had a similar issue, as STUPID as this sounds I just reinstalled the client and everything was fine.

I am a Windows PRO!


http://LittleHappyCloud.net KVM VPS with 1TB Bandwidth for €3.00

Offline

#94 2014-03-08 21:20:51

skelter
Member
Registered: 2014-03-08
Posts: 1

Re: OpenVPN automated installer

Hi there. I'm trying to connect my OpenWRT client to my OpenVPN server which I created on a Debian 6 32bit UK VPS using the automated installer script, but I'm getting the following errors in the log on the client:-

daemon.notice openvpn(lowendspirit_client)[668]: SIGUSR1[soft,tls-error] received, process restarting
daemon.notice openvpn(lowendspirit_client)[668]: Restart pause, 2 second(s)
daemon.notice openvpn(lowendspirit_client)[668]: Socket Buffers: R=[163840->131072] S=[163840->131072]
daemon.notice openvpn(lowendspirit_client)[668]: UDPv4 link local: [undef]
daemon.notice openvpn(lowendspirit_client)[668]: UDPv4 link remote: [AF_INET]149.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXXX
daemon.err openvpn(lowendspirit_client)[668]: TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)
daemon.err openvpn(lowendspirit_client)[668]: TLS Error: TLS handshake failed

I think my network connectivity is okay. I'm able to connect the OpenWRT client successfully to another OpenVPN server. I've double checked all of the configs, certs, keys on the client and they look okay too. I'm sure I've chosen a port within my allocated range so I don't think it's that (I was able to SSH in using the same port when I tested it, but my password wasn't accepted which was strange. I use port 22 over an IPV6 connection usually which works fine). Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited by skelter (2014-03-08 23:51:22)

Offline

#95 2014-03-09 16:26:57

Nyr
Trusted Member
Registered: 2013-03-04
Posts: 335

Re: OpenVPN automated installer

skelter wrote:

Hi there. I'm trying to connect my OpenWRT client to my OpenVPN server which I created on a Debian 6 32bit UK VPS using the automated installer script, but I'm getting the following errors in the log on the client:-

daemon.notice openvpn(lowendspirit_client)[668]: SIGUSR1[soft,tls-error] received, process restarting
daemon.notice openvpn(lowendspirit_client)[668]: Restart pause, 2 second(s)
daemon.notice openvpn(lowendspirit_client)[668]: Socket Buffers: R=[163840->131072] S=[163840->131072]
daemon.notice openvpn(lowendspirit_client)[668]: UDPv4 link local: [undef]
daemon.notice openvpn(lowendspirit_client)[668]: UDPv4 link remote: [AF_INET]149.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXXX
daemon.err openvpn(lowendspirit_client)[668]: TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)
daemon.err openvpn(lowendspirit_client)[668]: TLS Error: TLS handshake failed

I think my network connectivity is okay. I'm able to connect the OpenWRT client successfully to another OpenVPN server. I've double checked all of the configs, certs, keys on the client and they look okay too. I'm sure I've chosen a port within my allocated range so I don't think it's that (I was able to SSH in using the same port when I tested it, but my password wasn't accepted which was strange. I use port 22 over an IPV6 connection usually which works fine). Any help would be much appreciated.

Looks like OpenVPN isn't listening on the port you are trying to connect to or you have any kind of connectivity problem.

Offline

#96 2014-03-17 03:09:41

3ajs
Member
Registered: 2014-03-17
Posts: 1

Re: OpenVPN automated installer

Thanks so much Nyr for putting up the script. I did get it working and just wanted to share a couple mods I used to get it working. It may be relevant for those who had DNS issues or "slow internet" issues.

The script set the DNS servers to 129.250.35.250 and 74.82.42.42, which did not work well for neither my Windows desktop nor Android phone. To isolate the problem, I changed the DNS manually on my desktop to Google the VPN hummed along.

For a systematic resolution, I went to /etc/openvpn/server.conf and changed the DNS servers to Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and both the desktop and phone now get assigned Google's DNS servers which are working.

Speed went from pages not resolving to 15Mb/s down and 5Mbp/s up.

Thanks again Nyr for making setup so simple.

Offline

#97 2014-03-17 15:37:29

Nyr
Trusted Member
Registered: 2013-03-04
Posts: 335

Re: OpenVPN automated installer

The DNS servers are from NTT and HE, so it's very strange they didn't work for you and it seems like a restriction on your server's network.

Anyway, happy to know you got it working smile

Offline

#98 2014-03-23 11:57:12

mak2xt
Member
Registered: 2014-03-23
Posts: 1

Re: OpenVPN automated installer

Hey
I have a problem

TUN/TAP is not available

Offline

#99 2014-03-23 13:28:08

ZEROF
Trusted Member
From: http://backbox.org
Registered: 2013-10-24
Posts: 124
Website

Re: OpenVPN automated installer

HI mak2xt,

You can enable from solusvm(vps control panel):

capture2.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited by ZEROF (2014-03-23 13:28:32)

Offline

#100 2014-03-23 16:25:36

Tino
Member
Registered: 2014-03-23
Posts: 3

Re: OpenVPN automated installer

I have done the script, but how can i download my config files ?
filezilla has an error everytime i try and it says "error out of memory"

Please Help

Offline

Board footer