#1 2016-09-07 14:44:03

hal9k2
Trusted Member

Help with setting up domain with reverse proxy

Hello everybody

I opened a ticket in support with hope to get the answer how to setup this correctly, but since my product is only 3euro/year I got the answer that I should search for help on the forum. So I am here.

I want to setup my registered domain so that this domain can point to my VM webserver (already configured to work on IPV6 at port 80). I have also setup reverse proxy in SoulsVM Panel.

But it seems that this is not working. After few tickets Anthony, he answered me with:

"It is only an IPv4 reverse proxy, you don't need a reverse proxy if your webserver is running IPv6 native. All you need to do is point the A record at the external IPv4 for your server."

Since I am a kind noob to DNS topics I don't know what he wanted to say writing this.

Anyone who is more experience in this can point me in the right direction so that I can use my VM webserver with my Domain.

Thanks in advance.

#2 2016-09-07 15:34:22

Backtogeek
Low End Boss
Website

Re: Help with setting up domain with reverse proxy

If your domain is:

i.lovefood.com

Set up an A record that points it to the external IP of your LES node, that will be in your welcome email, it is also the same IP you use to SSH in.

It is literally the same process for your IPv6 AAA record which you say you have already done except you need to do it for IPv4 with an A record.

The problem you have/had is that you did not have your name servers running so your domain was not resolvable, you only fixed this an hour or so ago, it could take a good 24 hours for things to fully propagate.

I think you have been pointed here 3 times now: https://webhostscene.com/2016/02/19/get … endspirit/ it really does have a good section on setting up your server for use with the reverse proxy, perhaps read it again and let us know any specific questions you have.

http://LittleHappyCloud.net KVM VPS with 1TB Bandwidth for €3.00

#3 2016-09-08 12:50:27

hal9k2
Trusted Member

Re: Help with setting up domain with reverse proxy

Thank you for the answer.

Was clear and I understand it now. All is setup and running.

Cheers smile

Board footer