#1 2017-04-09 20:11:25

davidgf
Trusted Member

Account suspended?

Hello!

Got my account suspended today. How can I get it unsuspended?

Many thanks!
David

#2 2017-04-09 21:13:52

Matthew
Trusted Member

Re: Account suspended?

That alone isn't enough information for people to help - what was the reason your account was suspended for, and which of the LES providers did you have an account with? If it was for breach of the TOS, I'm fairly certain the chances are you won't be getting it back.

#3 2017-04-09 21:22:41

Backtogeek
Low End Boss
Website

What was the reason for the suspension?

https://upto32.com retro gaming and nostalgia forum that does not take itself to seriously smile

#4 2017-04-09 21:23:07

davidgf
Trusted Member

Hey! It's with InceptionHosting. I've been told that support is given through the forum. Is there some admin that reads these posts and fixes issues?
I find a forum a very useful entry point for technical support requests, but not for the kind of issue I'm having
Thanks!

#5 2017-04-09 21:58:12

AuroraZero
Slacker
Website

davidgf wrote:

Hey! It's with InceptionHosting. I've been told that support is given through the forum. Is there some admin that reads these posts and fixes issues?
I find a forum a very useful entry point for technical support requests, but not for the kind of issue I'm having
Thanks!

This product is supported here. Yes there are Admins here, and others will help you. The thing is you will have to tell us why you were suspended, then maybe we can help. As has been stated if you abused resources you will not likely get the server back. If you used your bandwidth up, you may have to wait until the next month for more. It all depends on why you were suspended and if you do not tell us, we can not help you at all.

The world is full of nuts.....Come join us. smile

#6 2017-04-09 22:08:59

davidgf
Trusted Member

Oh thanks for the info!
I was doing some crawling on a list of servers and  I got an email saying "ABUSE: Bulk port scanning".

#7 2017-04-10 03:07:46

WSS
Trusted Member

Port scanning on a shared IP is kind of like taking a drink of milk straight out of the carton, then putting it back in the fridge- Everyone gets your backwash.

RbyeR4Nm.png

#8 2017-04-10 08:29:44

Backtogeek
Low End Boss
Website

Ah ok that was you that was doing what looked like open proxy and telnet scans on hetzners entire range and also a whole /16 that covered the uk military...

Consider your service lost, I spent around an hour dealing with all the abuse reports you generated.

If you want to do that sort of thing, do it from home.

https://upto32.com retro gaming and nostalgia forum that does not take itself to seriously smile

#9 2017-04-10 10:16:25

Simonindia
Moderator and your buddy

davidgf wrote:

Oh thanks for the info!
I was doing some crawling on a list of servers and  I got an email saying "ABUSE: Bulk port scanning".

Scanning entire ranges of two org with IP's you share with others and opening this thread for help .

You are the kind of party poopers that fuckup good things for everyone.

Just trying my best to help. ♥ |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck.” -Joss Whedon“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.”-Theodore Roosevelt

#10 2017-04-12 05:05:50

AuroraZero
Slacker
Website

I will never understand people. I have been all over the world and it never changes. Does not matter where you come from always the same. I have a script that polls a certain place but I am going to ask before I implement it. Least mine only does it once it day and never for long.

The world is full of nuts.....Come join us. smile

Board footer