#1 2017-06-02 07:30:30

mcsmartie
Trusted Member

i-83 (quadhost) Issues connecting from SG instances

Hi,

I'm having problems connecting HTTP requests from their SG location. Certain websites seem blocked. I'm on the tai1-sg node. For example, to test this from the instance -

curl --trace-ascii debugdump.txt http://www.speedtest.net

I don't get any response, and eventually it times out. It's the same with wget.

Other examples of sites i can't connect to from SG -

www.zoneminder.com
www.lazada.vn

I can connect to these sites from my other NAT instances with i-83 in UK, Canada etc. It's just from SG i'm getting these issues. I don't have any firewall enabled on my SG instances.

Could anybody test this if you have an Singapore NAT VPS from i-83? And any idea why this might be happening? The only response I got from support was to test MTR, but ICMP/Ping is working ok. It seems like an issue with TCP connections.

Thanks for any help!

#2 2017-06-02 07:48:55

manjana
Trusted Member

Re: i-83 (quadhost) Issues connecting from SG instances

Hi,
I just had a quick check and I can connect to all three websites from SG. My box is on tai2-sg though.

To contact their support, you would need to open a ticket with them. They aren't part of LES.

#3 2017-06-02 07:50:37

mcsmartie
Trusted Member

manjana wrote:

Hi,
I just had a quick check and I can connect to all three websites from SG. My box is on tai2-sg though.

To contact their support, you would need to open a ticket with them. They aren't part of LES.

Thanks for checking!

Did you test using the same curl command?

#4 2017-06-02 08:52:25

Backtogeek
Low End Boss
Website

quadhost/i83 has nothing to do with LES so you wont get any assistance here, moving to chitchat as there is no problem with you talking about other hosts in general but dont use this form for support.

Inception Hosting.
RansomIT
DeepNet Solutions

No other hosts are supported here.

http://LittleHappyCloud.net KVM VPS with 1TB Bandwidth for €3.00

Board footer