#1 2017-11-21 13:28:39

mkay
Trusted Member

Made an order then got ban and refund

Hi there! I made an order a few hours ago, payment went ok but then I received a notification that my IP was banned. The reason stated on the hosting website is "Banned due to Orders". Admin, can you clarify this please?
Thanks!

update
Sorry, forgot to put the order number: 6736702691

Last edited by mkay (2017-11-21 13:45:05)

#2 2017-11-22 07:29:45

Backtogeek
Low End Boss
Website

Re: Made an order then got ban and refund

Because you used fake details when ordering.

You confirmed you understood this during the order process:

"I understand all billing details must be 100% accurate this includes telephone number, address, name email address, and I am ready to receive an automated telephone call for validation, Orders placed via proxy or VPN connections will be auto blocked and the account closed and terminated."

You confirmed that and used fake details anyway, I am not sure why you would need any further clarification but if you let me know which part was not clear I am happy to edit it for the future.

http://LittleHappyCloud.net KVM VPS with 1TB Bandwidth for €3.00

#3 2017-11-22 08:08:30

mkay
Trusted Member

Thank you for your reply! I understand now my mistake of ignoring the rules though I read them prior to making an order. I just have this little habit of not giving my credentials to any resource even if it asks for it and really do when it's really necessary (e.g delivery info, actual billing info on payment services etc). What I was not aware of is how this hosting business is serious about reputation and all these little details you mentioned on this forum (automated fraud check etc) which I found after this situation occurred. Sorry for inconvenience, I really didn't intend to do anything bad, just though that if you pay for something with PayPal (which already identified me) or with a credit card (SSL-encrypted portals where you verify your card) then it's enough. It isn't apparently.
You know what would prevent this behaviour (in my case, at least)? These two posts of yours. Really opened my eyes on two things: 1) It's non-profit. 2) You have risks too.
All questions regarding offbeat support through forums or manual approval of orders fell off as soon as I read these. It's up to you of course but I really recommend to make a little sum up of above mentioned posts on order pages instead of usual notices "don't do this don't do that" not explaining anything.

I would be very grateful if you give me another chance.

Thank you.

upd I don't know was it broken on my side only but I was unable to pay via Stripe. As I pressed "Pay" button several times nothing happened. Then I looked at browser's js console and there were errors (something not defined) for every click I made. Tried disabling extensions, no luck. Just for you to know.

Last edited by mkay (2017-11-22 08:20:44)

#4 2017-11-26 14:02:33

mkay
Trusted Member

Any chance of lifting the ban?

#5 2017-11-26 19:46:32

WSS
Trusted Member

You're probably not going to be excused for trying to circumvent the system.  I suggest moving on to another provider.

RbyeR4Nm.png

#6 2017-11-26 19:59:35

mkay
Trusted Member

Thank you for your suggestion. Though I didn't try to circumvent something, just didn't want to share personal info.
Ehm, am I prohibited to order from Mr. VM (LES's offer) too now?
If yes, can you please recommend something similar based in NL or DE?

Thank you anyway!

Last edited by mkay (2017-11-26 20:00:26)

#7 2017-11-26 23:05:44

WSS
Trusted Member

If you use your real information, you may be allowed to purchase.  If you make up fake information, I doubt it.

Do you realize that every time you put in fake information and it catches you, it costs them about $0.50.  That's more than what you pay for several months of service.

Don't do that.

RbyeR4Nm.png

#8 2017-11-27 03:41:39

mkay
Trusted Member

That's the point, I had no clue about that. Thank you again.

#9 2017-11-29 07:17:29

mkay
Trusted Member

FreeCpanelSH has this line in its welcoming email: "The information in this email may seem concerning or off putting to some however please keep in mind the service is a friendly one but it does run as a none profit currently and as such any wasted time due to unwillingness to help yourself only hurts the long term ability to sustain this project".

Board footer