#1 2015-08-23 23:05:38

DavidGestionDBI
Provider-Moderator
Website

Should we change LES main website?

Hi guys and girls!

Rapid question, should we revamp the main website of LowEndSpirit?
I mean, this website: http://lowendspirit.com/

Yes, no, maybe, why?

I want your opinion and feedback!

Regards, David smile

-----------
David B. |  Technical Director at Gestion DBI ||  Want to receive our promotions?
IT consulting and Hosting Provider | 24/7 Technical Support

#2 2015-08-23 23:17:37

NanoTom
LowEndAddict
Website

Re: Should we change LES main website?

Yes. Did some trials of a few will post when I'm back home.

#3 2015-08-23 23:22:24

Nixtren
Trusted Member

I think it's fine if we leave the website as it is, because it currently gives an idea of "old", which transmits the idea of "Low RAM", which represents the fact that LowEndSpirit uses low RAM VPS's. So, basically, I like the current "old style" tongue

Last edited by Nixtren (2015-08-23 23:23:12)

#4 2015-08-23 23:24:00

yomero
Trusted Member

The www entry is broken, btw (Cloudflare 522)

#5 2015-08-23 23:24:46

DavidGestionDBI
Provider-Moderator
Website

Nixtren wrote:

I think it's fine if we leave the website as it is, because it currently gives an idea of "old", which transmits the idea of "Low RAM", which represents the fact that LowEndSpirit uses low RAM VPS's. So, everything is fine big_smile

I love your philosophy. However, with LHC, MegaVZ and even our offers at DeepNet, we offer more than the traditional 128MB package...

Thanks for your opinion wink

Last edited by DavidGestionDBI (2015-08-23 23:24:58)

-----------
David B. |  Technical Director at Gestion DBI ||  Want to receive our promotions?

#6 2015-08-24 03:38:38

Ole Juul
Trusted Member
Website

I think the web site is very easy to read and understand. As someone said above, it looks old. I take that to mean that it is easy on resources (respectful of others) and does a good job of communicating. If those are desirable features or goals then I think the site is best left alone. In fact as it is, the LES main website is a shining example of one of the finest that the web has to offer.

One could of course always do worse. If that is the goal then yes, go ahead and modernise it.

#7 2015-08-24 06:59:56

willie
Trusted Member

I like the current appearance and think the implementation should be even more old-school.  What is it doing with jquery?  I have that adblocked and the page still seems to work fine.  I appreciate that some (all?) of the LES vendors also have budget VPS offerings that are larger and more expensive than LES containers but those are outside the LES umbrella and shouldn't affect the LES main page much (adding a brief mention is fine).  I wouldn't want LES to head in the direction of LEB which ended up being multi-gigabyte containers.

#8 2015-08-24 13:24:10

DavidGestionDBI
Provider-Moderator
Website

willie wrote:

I like the current appearance and think the implementation should be even more old-school.  What is it doing with jquery?  I have that adblocked and the page still seems to work fine.  I appreciate that some (all?) of the LES vendors also have budget VPS offerings that are larger and more expensive than LES containers but those are outside the LES umbrella and shouldn't affect the LES main page much (adding a brief mention is fine).  I wouldn't want LES to head in the direction of LEB which ended up being multi-gigabyte containers.

Don't worry, this is not what we intend to do, in any way.
LowEndSpirit is completely apart of our traditional offers, and this for all the 4 hosts implied.

Thanks for your feedback guys, really appreciate!

-----------

Board footer