#1 2016-04-05 16:39:27

Neoon
Trusted Member

HA Cluster, Rage4+PHP

Hey,

Today, I finally finished my Cluster Project, from last Week: http://n.x8e.net/

B1TGDfu.png

So, basically just some LES Boxes, with Rage4 and HA Proxy entries.

But the Backend is different, there is not such a thing Like StatusCake or Uptimerobot.
5-7 Minutes Checks, nah.

The Backend is basically this: https://github.com/Ne00n/LES-Availability-Check
I will add my SQLite Version later to Github, which I am using now.

So, what it basically does is, each of these Servers check each other Server with the given Domain.
It checks it with curl if we get a 200 Response, just to get sure that the HA Proxy is running and our Webserver is okay.

If the Server is online, it returns the Uptime of the Server, when its not. Its just ignored, since when one Server notices, a Box is offline, it ask all of these Servers in the Cluster if its really down.
The Error Rate should be very low, more Servers is even better.

It runs this hole process throught all these Servers and checks who has the highest uptime.
In case the Box itself has not the highest uptime, it pulls the newest Data from the Mainserver into there SQLite Database.
So there all synced.

If the Server has the highest uptime, it calls the Rage4 API and its telling the API if a Box is Offline or Online.

At the end, the Mainserver can be any box, so in case a lot of them should be offline at once, which I wont hope but it could happen the Cluster would be stay online.

Btw: You can grab a 12EUR Yearly Rage4 Account at Prometeus.net

Neoon.

Last edited by Neoon (2016-04-11 15:42:05)

#2 2016-04-11 15:13:41

Neoon
Trusted Member

Re: HA Cluster, Rage4+PHP

Added SQLite to Github, also changed the Style a bit.

Last edited by Neoon (2016-04-11 15:13:54)

#3 2017-01-31 07:05:48

WSS
Trusted Member

Your status cert expired over 2 weeks ago.

I love that script- I've thought about doing the same, but I just run NOCOL (old-old-oldschool) ping and port checks since the overhead is minimal.

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign.

#4 2017-02-01 18:09:37

Neoon
Trusted Member

I know, its my old Status page and I am not using it anymore, I wanted to create a API gateway to my new Monitoring Backend when I have time, so I let it expire.

However, I removed the Github repo, since if you use that script with more as 8 Servers and like 2 are down or there are IPv6 connection issues, it was really slow.
You need a threaded solution or something like that.

And, Rage4 for 12EUR a year is not more available.

Last edited by Neoon (2017-02-01 18:14:02)

Board footer