#1 2017-03-05 15:49:32

Backtogeek
Low End Boss
Website

New Grav+Grav admin template available

Hi Folks,

It has been a while since I created a new template and thought this one was of interest.

Grav is a multi user, light weight but fully featured flat file (no database) CMS with a great admin panel.

I have created the template on Ubuntu 14.04 with PHP7-fpm and Nginx.

You can install it from SolusVM now on any OpenVZ LES box, point your domain at your external IPv4 or IPv6, then visit http://yourdomainhere.com/admin to create the admin user and your done.

The template name in SolusVM is: Ubuntu 14.04 64bit with Grav CMS

new-user.png

admin-dashboard.png

You can use the cli to create your admin user if prefered as documented here: https://learn.getgrav.org/admin-panel/f … ging-users

faq_1.png

The full thing is tweaked and runs at around 14MB RAM on install:

# free -m
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:           128        128          0         98          0        114
-/+ buffers/cache:         13        114
Swap:            0          0          0

Forget wordpress, this is the best CMS to use right now on LES (my opinion)

If anyone has any suggestions for others I will take note and see what I can get done.

Would be great to get any feedback.

http://LittleHappyCloud.net KVM VPS with 1TB Bandwidth for €3.00

#2 2017-03-05 17:18:29

mikho
Low End Mod
Website

Re: New Grav+Grav admin template available

Grav looks like the perfect CMS for a LES wiki. •thumbsup•

#3 2017-03-05 19:15:10

Simonindia
Moderator and your buddy

yeah I'm using Grav for my personal blog for more than 1 year now it is the best CMS period for my use case

And Ant template is great

Just trying my best to help. ♥ |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck.” -Joss Whedon“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.”-Theodore Roosevelt

#4 2017-03-05 20:39:01

Backtogeek
Low End Boss
Website

Well because it is completely flat, you can install it on multiple LES boxes, rsync your /html on update and setup round robin DNS for full redundancy which is why I like it.

#5 2017-03-06 02:45:53

WSS
Trusted Member

If I didn't go from a flatfile setup to homemade CMS to TextPattern, I'd consider doing this again.  It doesn't look bad.

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign.

#6 2017-03-06 05:25:14

Simonindia
Moderator and your buddy

Backtogeek wrote:

Well because it is completely flat, you can install it on multiple LES boxes, rsync your /html on update and setup round robin DNS for full redundancy which is why I like it.

I was running my blog from an LES 64MB box it nearly took just 15 or so If my memory server me right.

Just trying my best to help. ♥ |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck.” -Joss Whedon“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.”-Theodore Roosevelt

#7 2017-03-06 10:19:04

Backtogeek
Low End Boss
Website

Someone suggested using caddy as the web server, I will have a look in to that.

#8 2017-03-10 19:44:03

WSS
Trusted Member

I've decided that GRAV is too complicated for what it actually is.   It doesn't really lend itself to being a blog, and the YAML overhead and processing?  I'll stick to my CMS.

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign.

#9 2017-03-11 16:07:04

Backtogeek
Low End Boss
Website

WSS wrote:

I've decided that GRAV is too complicated for what it actually is.   It doesn't really lend itself to being a blog, and the YAML overhead and processing?  I'll stick to my CMS.

Any suggestions on alternatives or other templates in general you would like to see?

#10 2017-03-12 01:22:40

WSS
Trusted Member

Backtogeek wrote:
WSS wrote:

Any suggestions on alternatives or other templates in general you would like to see?

Well, there's Pico, HTMLy, CMSimple, Stacey, and so forth.   I think Stacey would be the lightest of the lot, but the fact it has no auth/etc means the user has to be smart enough to generate their own auth passwords..

E: SiteMagic uses local XML by default, but can use MySQL so I'm going to say that one doesn't get to play- even if I might toy with it, myself.

Last edited by WSS (2017-03-12 01:24:59)

Board footer