#1 2017-09-09 15:49:04

laibsch
Trusted Member

[Inception Hosting] Order rejected

Hello guys,

I just pulled the trigger and finally bought a LES.  Or so I thought.  I wanted one in HKG, but that is no longer available for a while.  Opted for JP instead and got rejected because my IP does not match my address.  Well, I understand you must get all kinds of funny types.  I'm somehow "funny", I suppose, but not "fishy".  I simply have more than one home in the world and I'm constantly on the move.  That's not so unusual anymore these days, is it?  So, I hope you will unblock my account and order 6656731956.  Thank you.

Regards

Laibsch

PS: BTW, I thought that not allowing me to even open a ticket at https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/submitticket.php for reconsideration was a bit harsh.

Last edited by laibsch (2017-09-09 15:50:35)

#2 2017-09-09 16:03:31

mikho
Low End Mod
Website

Re: [Inception Hosting] Order rejected

When you signed up for the LES service with Inception you also agreed to not solving issues using tickets, only the forum.

That is why you can't open tickets.

#3 2017-09-09 16:32:32

laibsch
Trusted Member

Yes, I read that part.  I would think this makes sense for technical issues.  For billing and contractual "issues" maybe not so much.  Just my opinion.  I think it's going to be more of a burden for the hoster to resolve a genuine and straight-forward reconsideration of a false positive via the forum.  "Up to you", as they say.

#4 2017-09-15 15:27:56

laibsch
Trusted Member

No answer?

#5 2017-09-17 00:14:57

WSS
Trusted Member

You played it off as though you didn't care.  Send a message to "BackToGeek" if you do care and wish for services.

RbyeR4Nm.png

#6 2017-09-18 00:20:18

laibsch
Trusted Member

How could "So, I hope you will unblock my account and order 6656731956.  Thank you." be possibly misinterpreted as "You played it off as though you didn't care."?  I thought the request was pretty straight-forward.  I didn't expect that taking a holiday would get you banned and require begging to be allowed to purchase.  Like I said, I understand you get odd people signing up.  But I'm not sure if the behaviour of the seller's side isn't at least as odd...

#7 2017-09-18 23:36:59

DavidGestionDBI
Provider-Moderator
Website

Usually, people who beg here, get ban from order. As simple as that.

-----------
David B. |  Technical Director at Gestion DBI ||  Want to receive our promotions?
IT consulting and Hosting Provider | 24/7 Technical Support

#8 2017-09-19 05:44:55

Backtogeek
Low End Boss
Website

laibsch wrote:

How could "So, I hope you will unblock my account and order 6656731956.  Thank you." be possibly misinterpreted as "You played it off as though you didn't care."?  I thought the request was pretty straight-forward.  I didn't expect that taking a holiday would get you banned and require begging to be allowed to purchase.  Like I said, I understand you get odd people signing up.  But I'm not sure if the behaviour of the seller's side isn't at least as odd...

First time I have seen this post sorry.

Your order was rejected because your IP is 10230 miles away from the billing address, not a lot more to it than that, nothing odd about it being rejected.

http://LittleHappyCloud.net KVM VPS with 1TB Bandwidth for €3.00

#9 2017-09-19 13:46:17

laibsch
Trusted Member

Backtogeek wrote:

First time I have seen this post sorry.

Good to see you finally stumbling upon this thread.  Thank you for the answer.

Backtogeek wrote:

Your order was rejected because your IP is 10230 miles away from the billing address, not a lot more to it than that, nothing odd about it being rejected.

I understood the reason (see my initial post).  It is common for people these days to be moving about so I did not expect this would get my order rejected.  I am cool with you making that choice to protect your business.

What is odd in my opinion is the chosen course of resolution (it must have taken more time by now on almost everybody's part than for example a "We rejected your order because of $ABC.  If you want to pursue, please send us $XYZ to $some.email."  If the forum is where you choose to resolve this kind of non-technical stuff (again, that's up to you) then I find it odd if you aren't responding.  Especially while being otherwise active in the forum.  Again, up to you, your business, but my opinion.

I assume my account is now good to order?

Last edited by laibsch (2017-09-19 13:47:23)

#10 2017-09-20 06:35:58

Backtogeek
Low End Boss
Website

LES services get a lot less attention, its a none profit project not core business as such the risks taken are significantly less.

Yes it is common for people to travel, it is not as common for people to purchase budget virtual servers while traveling or on holiday.

If you are 'traveling' as in working away, at college in another country, i.e. long term then you will have a fixed address in said country, use that one instead.

Almost every host uses maxmind, if your IP is more than 200 miles from your billing address you can b pretty sure that it will be blocked by 100% of hosts using maxmind 100% of the time.

I appreciate you dont see things from my side and have no need to really but here is a small indication of why every order marked as fraud is not manually followed up:

sLmw9ZB.png

That represents about 20 hours^

I personally look at every order made, if there is a very obvious reason (usually the case) for it being marked as fraud i skip to the next one, I would say perhaps once per month I look at an order and think.. "hmm I can't see any good reason for that" and contact the customer.

Sadly because the reasons are so numerous, it is just not possible to give a tailored and automated response to everyone.

Your account is open however any future orders will be rejected until you update your address.

#11 2017-09-20 07:44:33

laibsch
Trusted Member

Well, I am now at said address (in Europe).  I guess in that case, I should NOT update it, should I?  I will be back in "the other part" of the world next week, and yes, I do have an address there.  I also have payment options registered to both addresses.  But given that my European address is from a "reputable" country whereas the other country has a less than stellar record, I thought that using my European credentials would help me pass the fraud detection barrier more easily.  Looks like I guessed wrong.

Backtogeek wrote:

I appreciate you dont see things from my side

Objection!  I clearly indicated that I DO see things from your perspective, right from the very first post ("I understand you must get all kinds of funny types").  I simply felt it appropriate to point out that quite possibly the chosen course might make it more cumbersome for everyone, you included.  And again, I would think that if the forum is your chosen venue, then I don't think it's too much to expect a timely response in a situation like mine (where I'm willing to concede that "timely" needs to be seen in light of the price and level of service that is implied).

Last edited by laibsch (2017-09-20 08:09:32)

#12 2017-09-20 08:10:52

laibsch
Trusted Member

I have redone the order and I believe it went through now.  Looking forward to receive the initial e-mail with further instructions in the next few days.

BTW, I've read elsewhere in this forum now that the JP servers are not or were not geo-coded to JP.  I hope the IPv4 and IPv6 I receive will be geocoded to Japan since one of the two uses for me will be a VPN to access content only available in Japan (Japanese TV) during times when I am not in Japan.

Last edited by laibsch (2017-09-20 08:14:34)

#13 2017-09-20 08:20:36

Backtogeek
Low End Boss
Website

Your order was approved.

#14 2017-09-20 08:41:55

laibsch
Trusted Member

Thanks, looking good!

http://geoipinfo.org says both the IPv4 and IPv6 are in Tokyo. Yay!

#15 2017-09-22 00:25:14

WSS
Trusted Member

#AspieHosting

RbyeR4Nm.png

Board footer