Fiskea - Aggregator of providers and their offers

Hello!

You probably know how difficult it is to choose providers and their offers among the great number of options. Especially if you have specific requirements. Common search engines are not very useful in this situation. That is why we created ​Fiskea​​​. We aggregate information about providers and their offers so that you can find a solution that will meet all your requirements.

fiskea.com​​​

Thanked by (1)darkenergy

Comments

• ehabehab Content Writer
    edited May 12

blocked with reason : : newly-registered-domain

i have to try to proxy

• I despise aggregate sites. I avoid such sites at all costs (which is zero).

Fuck them.

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• @deank said:
    I despise aggregate sites. I avoid such sites at all costs (which is zero).

Fuck them.

We disagree with you. Why do you think so? On the contrary, we believe that such sites can be useful. Especially if you have special requirements. Such as: BGP Session, Private Network, Reverse DNS or you probably would like to host Tor Exit Node or something else.

• Due to a simple reason.
    They can never stay impartial.

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• devdev OG

why not serverhunter?

Thanked by (1)NobodyInteresting
  • @deank said:
    Due to a simple reason.

While I agree that you might have good intentions now, I'd agree with @deank that any list will have biases just based on who you allow into the list, or else it'll probably be crap because there'll be all sorts of dodgy providers in there.

Also, you probably at least want to randomise the data. I've loaded he page twice now. Without selecting anything, both times it's promoting a provider in Ukraine, just by virtue of it being at the top of the list. In the current situation, this is unlikely to be a particularly good recommendation to anyone, so why is it at the top of the list? And why is BuyVM always second, etc...

• @dev said:
    why not serverhunter?

Because we would like to offer an alternative.

@ralf said:

@deank said:
    Due to a simple reason.

While I agree that you might have good intentions now, I'd agree with @deank that any list will have biases just based on who you allow into the list, or else it'll probably be crap because there'll be all sorts of dodgy providers in there.

Also, you probably at least want to randomise the data. I've loaded he page twice now. Without selecting anything, both times it's promoting a provider in Ukraine, just by virtue of it being at the top of the list. In the current situation, this is unlikely to be a particularly good recommendation to anyone, so why is it at the top of the list? And why is BuyVM always second, etc...

We are open to any provider. We are not promoting any provider right now. If we will promoting any provider we will specify this so as not to mislead anyone. We do not randomise response. It is sorted by price. That is why it is at the top of response.

• HOOTS

Thanked by (1)skorous
  • @BarryHercules said:
    HOOTS

Barry Manilow, you're incorrigible, and you wear me down

Thanked by (1)skorous

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• @angstrom said:

@BarryHercules said:
    HOOTS

Barry Manilow, you're incorrigible, and you wear me down

You know you only have to ask me to stop, and I'll stop. I'm famed for being reasonable.

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited May 13

@deank said:
    Due to a simple reason.

Yea, plus they only give you a limited view, for whatever reason that might be.
    Also, outdated data, like pricing or stock is incorrect, which makes it kinda frustrating.

You can automate this, which brings your close to nearly up to date listings, however is a pain in the arse.
    Then we come to the provider part, they mostly don't really care, some do, or even go beyond that and provide a API just for you, but that is fucking rare.

Some even don't want to get listed or compared, so in the end, you just dealing with shit.
    However, the goal is for you, to get as many providers listed as possible.

And it does not matter, if you make a few millions per year, I worked for a insurance comparison portal, which makes money from the affiliates, even if the entire company has a few millions in return, the insurance companies don't really give a single fuck.

Most likely you have to pull off like 50% of their revenue, so they come over the table and suck your fucking dick.
    Whatever, nice project, I wish you luck, may you beat and fuck serverhunter, amen.
    I don't really dislike the Project, its nice and good designed, however the Owner is a fucktard.

The worst part, that pisses me off, I see only like 10 offers at once, please increase that, I get cancer from that but that is just my personal opinion.

Am I drunk right now? Fucking yes.

• vyasvyas OGContent Writer

@dev said:
    why not serverhunter?

And v n c o u p o n

• edited May 15

I thought I was a huge fan of simplistic design but then I saw this, and I find myself missing any semblance of visual hierarchy.

What's a button?
    What's an input field?
    What's a dropdown?
    How do I know if a dropdown is scrollable?
    How do I scroll scrollable dropdowns without a mousewheel?
    How do I jump between pages without using the previous/next buttons?
    How do I search for unlimited bandwidth?
    Why do I have to learn your unique UI design language when I can go to the much more intuitive ServerHunter instead?

It's also very difficult to easily and quickly compare plans/hosts, which is something ServerHunter does quite well.

Competition is good. Keep it up.

• edited May 15

@Dupondt said:
    I thought I was a huge fan of simplistic design but then I saw this, and I find myself missing any semblance of visual hierarchy.

What's a button?
    What's an input field?
    What's a dropdown?
    How do I know if a dropdown is scrollable?
    How do I scroll scrollable dropdowns without a mousewheel?
    How do I jump between pages without using the previous/next buttons?
    How do I search for unlimited bandwidth?
    Why do I have to learn your unique UI design language when I can go to the much more intuitive ServerHunter instead?

It's also very difficult to easily and quickly compare plans/hosts, which is something ServerHunter does quite well.

Competition is good. Keep it up.

Thank you for your feedback. We are already working on improvements. We changed placeholders to show minimum and maximum possible value. For unlimited bandwidth it is 99999.

• @fiskea said: For unlimited bandwidth it is 99999.

That's bad UI (it's counterintuitive) and mathematically incorrect (99,999 is less than ∞).

As a user looking for unlimited bandwidth, I might be worried that 99,999 isn't actually unlimited. If we're being rational, then of course 99,999 TB is for all intents and purposes, given the context of fairly low-cost VPSes, unlimited — but that's not necessarily how it comes across to a casual visitor.

As a host looking to be listed on your website, I might be worried that users don't understand that I offer unlimited bandwidth. There is a non-zero risk of misunderstanding.

Another small and perhaps unimportant detail is currency. You're doing currency exchange on the website without being explicit about it, whereas ServerHunter puts a ≈ symbol and reveals the real amount and currency from the host if you mouse over.