Enhance Web hosting

edited June 18 in General

Not an ad, I promise! I've never heard of these guys - was about to spin up a vm and give her a quick bash.

Anyone tried it? Thoughts? Enhance.com - obviously it's in beta so I wouldn't use in production environment, but I do like a play around

Is enhance any good?
  1. Is enhance any good?1 vote
    1. Yes
        0.00%
    2. No it's as annoying as how much domain sellers spam their ads on here
      100.00%

I sometimes worry that I'm so correct in all I say, that there might be something wrong with me

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG
    edited June 18

I've used it, it is very nice, but I experienced many small bugs that made it technically unusable from a host standpoint. It is just recently released as a beta though, so to be expected -- so, not production ready, but all base features technically work. I plan to setup a new test server in the future though, I'm sure it will be an excellent option for web hosting.

Thanked by (2)vikram someTom
  • Oh nice Mike! Thanks for sharing! Yeah I assumed it'd be unusable, for a business but I was making sure it wasn't a train wreck before wasting my time!

The site certainly talks the talk, I shall give it try tomorrow then! I love the idea of a control server to manage it all! It's my main annoyance as you scale! Anything you'd advise looking out for in terms of bugs? Or just a bit of beta-ness that stuck in your mind?

I sometimes worry that I'm so correct in all I say, that there might be something wrong with me

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

@chris said:
    Oh nice Mike! Thanks for sharing! Yeah I assumed it'd be unusable, for a business but I was making sure it wasn't a train wreck before wasting my time!

The site certainly talks the talk, I shall give it try tomorrow then! I love the idea of a control server to manage it all! It's my main annoyance as you scale! Anything you'd advise looking out for in terms of bugs? Or just a bit of beta-ness that stuck in your mind?

Mainly just some basic things like changing settings just don't work. You change things, then refresh the page and nothing actually has saved or changed. I couldn't get system emails to save or work, no error output, just weird random stuff. The overall functionality of the web hosting part of it works -- website deployed, DNS entries replicates automatically to all linked remote DNS servers in the "cluster", but I gave up when I couldn't get the default Wordpress auto install to work, just failed with no errors as well. But it's beta, it looks like a good panel and platform, and I will look at it again once it's further in the dev process.

Thanked by (1)chris