#1 2016-01-19 19:53:09

Picnic

New to this, a few Qs

Hi, Im new to this so learning as I go, Ill apologise in advance for any daft questions...

Whats the situation with control panels? I cant log in to Solusvm, log in page says it has no record of me, I can log into Virtualizor fine, but not sure what the point of logging in is as it seems to just give the same functionality thats available in the Virtwire client area

Ive read my welcome email ànd worked out both my internal and external IPs along with the SSH port (last 3 digits from internal ip with a 00 on the end?) Im guessing I dont need to change the SSH port? (Ive read posts saying to connect via console first and change port from 22 etc, but not sure if this is old info)

Any advice would be appreciated

#2 2016-01-21 14:17:29

vbgn
Trusted Member
Website

Re: New to this, a few Qs

About your SSH question:

If you have ipv6 connectivity, you can connect to a public ipv6 address of your vps on port 22 for ssh
If you don't have ipv6 connectivity, you can connect to the shared ipv4 address on port xxx21 (with xxx being the last part of your internal ip). This port is automatically forwarded to port 22 inside your vps.

#3 2016-01-21 23:43:06

Picnic

Re: New to this, a few Qs

Ahh, thank you, I hadnt paid much attention to the ipv6 address... just found it on my control panel so will have a play

Board footer