#1 2016-03-25 16:28:10

the_fun_gamer
Trusted Member

Which location has the best Connection?

Hello!

Does anyone know which location has the best speed? I want to install a vpn and so I think a good connection would be fine.
Btw how anonymous is it to have a vpn on a NAT vps? Is it possible for people to identify which Server makes a request? Because all IP's are the same. I don't want to make sth illegal. Just for my own privacy.

Thanks!

#2 2016-03-25 17:36:18

AnthonySmith
Low End Boss
Website

Re: Which location has the best Connection?

That completely depends on your own location, It's opens so forget real privacy from your host, if you want speed and privacy take a littlehappycloud.net Netherlands KVM server and use encryption.

https://upto32.com retro gaming and nostalgia forum that does not take itself to seriously smile

#3 2016-03-25 21:18:41

the_fun_gamer
Trusted Member

What is the difference between LES and littlehappycloud except one is KVM and one is OpenVZ? Isn't it private because of OpenVZ?

#4 2016-03-25 21:54:17

AnthonySmith
Low End Boss
Website

Well that is the difference, KVM you run your own kernel and you can encrypt your disk, with openvz your disk is essentially a directory on the host node instead of a logical volume.

If you mean more about encrypting your traffic then either are fine you just need to tunnel it or use a VPN, in which case either is fine, think of KVM like a tiny dedicated server, and think of OpenVZ as a directory on a host node.

https://upto32.com retro gaming and nostalgia forum that does not take itself to seriously smile

#5 2016-03-29 09:07:26

the_fun_gamer
Trusted Member

Ok. Thanks! How Can I encrypt a KVM? Do I need tools? And isn't it possible to delete all sensitive data on OpenVZ? I use OpenVPN. So the Connection is also encrypted. What happens when I write all logs to /dev/null ?

Board footer