#1 2018-08-25 09:59:05

user467268
Trusted Member

[Inception] Follow-up to ticket 736472

Inception Hosting wrote:

Please backup your data by 12:00 Monday I will provide a full refund, your expectations of this service cannot be met.

Inception Hosting wrote:

Use the forum please.

As requested here my follow up please.

The machines have been backed up and are ready to be reutilised. As for the refund, please issue it at your convenience. Thank you.

#2 2018-08-25 11:49:20

AnthonySmith
Low End Boss
Website

Re: [Inception] Follow-up to ticket 736472

Refund processed, hope you enjoyed your 6 months free service except for the occasional blip in the UK.

https://upto32.com retro gaming and nostalgia forum that does not take itself to seriously smile

#3 2018-08-25 12:24:59

MM552
MR Status
Website

I must be on a differnet node because I have had no problems with it at all. If there was any problems I would not complain for €3.50 a year.

#4 2018-08-25 12:36:02

AnthonySmith
Low End Boss
Website

MM552 wrote:

I must be on a differnet node because I have had no problems with it at all. If there was any problems I would not complain for €3.50 a year.

Or even €2.00 p/year if you got a bundle deal.

Is what it is, you simply cannot please them all, not at pretty much below cost anyway.

https://upto32.com retro gaming and nostalgia forum that does not take itself to seriously smile

#5 2018-08-25 12:40:32

user467268
Trusted Member

Backtogeek wrote:

Refund processed, hope you enjoyed your 6 months free service except for the occasional blip in the UK.

No need to become snappy. I did not ask for free service and I did not ask for a refund but you made it clear you would not look into the issue and insisted on the refund. I specifically pointed out I would simply stay until the end of the paid period and then simply not renew but your stance (service cancellation and refund) was clear. What options did I have?

And it was not an occasional blip but happened on an (almost) hourly basis. I believe I have provided you with enough details to confirm that.

MM552 wrote:

Are you referring to London or another location? There were no (serious) problems with the other locations either, only London which acted up on a regular basis.

Last edited by user467268 (2018-08-25 12:47:47)

#6 2018-08-25 12:53:53

AnthonySmith
Low End Boss
Website

You are literally the only one that has reported any issues with London.

I also made it clear you are not to open tickets which you agreed to 5 times, that did not stop you.

Its a pointless conversation, you expect significantly more from the service than it was ever designed to deliver, the odd tiny blip and your wanting investigations.

Its not the first time, you were told by multiple users last time they have had no such issues, so it was just best for all involved to part ways, given your expectations being what they are I assumed a refund would be best.

Ram use over the last year:

w63SfGb.png

General node use:

]# free -m
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:         15898      15703        195       2285       1162       8892
-/+ buffers/cache:       5648      10250
Swap:        16383          0      16383

#7 2018-08-25 13:06:59

user467268
Trusted Member

Backtogeek wrote:

You are literally the only one that has reported any issues with London.

What do you want me to say to that? Do you think I invented the numbers and the timeouts? Do you think I made up the log files I sent to you?

Backtogeek wrote:

I also made it clear you are not to open tickets which you agreed to 5 times, that did not stop you.

You said that today for the first time.

Backtogeek wrote:

Its a pointless conversation, you expect significantly more from the service than it was ever designed to deliver, the odd tiny blip and your wanting investigations.

I wrote to you today what my <quotes>expectations</quotes> are. I even asked you what I am supposed to expect, unfortunately I did not receive an answer either.

Backtogeek wrote:

so it was just best for all involved to part ways, given your expectations being what they are I assumed a refund would be best.

Fair enough, I still want to stress though that I did not ask for a refund and I did point out I'd be fine to stay even with these issues, it would have been simply nice to acknowledge them and simply state there is not going to be a fix without alleging that I am lying or imagining things.

Backtogeek wrote:

Ram use over the last year:

I said it could have been a memory issue, never said it actually was as I dont know what the reason was.

Last edited by user467268 (2018-08-25 13:08:42)

#8 2018-08-25 13:20:43

user467268
Trusted Member

Though, I nonetheless want to thank you for the non-prorated refund as you practically did provide the service for free since February. I hope I did not use too many resources.

So thanks for that.

#9 2018-08-25 14:31:45

AnthonySmith
Low End Boss
Website

I want you to say or think... hmm perhaps opening tickets due to 30 seconds of down time occasionally is not the right thing to do for this service, or hmm perhaps there is an issue specifically with my setup or route to the UK server which is why I am the only one having issues.

The first time?.... thanks for making my point, you just saw the price and ticked next, during sign up for each product you are prompted to confirm (none optional) the following "I understand that this server comes with no support at all except the community support offered at http://forum.lowendspirit.com" which you have done 5 times.

There is an issue, it is either with you, your monitoring or it is your own network path between the server and your personal end point, if it was not, you would not be the only one reporting it.

#10 2018-08-25 15:50:32

user467268
Trusted Member

Backtogeek wrote:

I want you to say or think... hmm perhaps opening tickets due to 30 seconds of down time occasionally is not the right thing to do for this service, or hmm perhaps there is an issue specifically with my setup or route to the UK server which is why I am the only one having issues.

If I hadnt already addressed them more than once, these points would be all perfectly valid.

Can you describe how you define "occasional"? If it is between "several times an hour and several times a day" I would agree with you. I dont think this will be the case.

As for my route, I mentioned several times I was monitoring it from three different locations and - with a handful of exceptions - they were unanimous on timeouts.

Backtogeek wrote:

There is an issue, it is either with you, your monitoring or it is your own network path between the server and your personal end point, if it was not, you would not be the only one reporting it.

See above please and you also seem to have forgotten that these drops in connectivity coincided every single time with a sudden spike in load of the machine of up to 16.0.

Anyhow, I did not intend to turn this into a discussion, you asked me to post on the forum, so I did. I simply wanted to correct several of your statements which do not seem to reflect the situation accurately but I neither want to badmouth your service nor turn this into some heated argument.

#11 2018-08-25 18:22:45

AnthonySmith
Low End Boss
Website

I am just going to agree to disagree, we obviously come from polar opposite stand points and there will be no meeting of minds here.

Board footer