#1 2018-11-24 10:52:33

jogibjorn
Trusted Member

[MRVM] Is there a Debian 9 Minimal installation available?

Is there a Debian Minimal Installation available for the West Virginia server? I can see on the Control Panel that there is an option for "install ssh on debian9 minimal template", but no option for Debian 9 on the Reinstall OS.

Last edited by jogibjorn (2018-11-24 10:53:37)

#2 2018-11-24 12:03:38

mikho
Low End Mod
Website

Re: [MRVM] Is there a Debian 9 Minimal installation available?

West Virginia is OpenVZ 7 (newer kernel amon other things) and the templates for OpenVZ6 is not compatible.
The command in the control panel is there because the minimal debian9 template doesn’t have sshd installed.

Minimal templates for OpenVZ7 is on the todo list but I’ve focused on getting settings like tun/tap available in the control panel first.

I have a few other things up my sleeve, I hope that I will have the time to create minimal templates during the holidays in December.

#3 2018-11-24 12:28:43

jogibjorn
Trusted Member

Re: [MRVM] Is there a Debian 9 Minimal installation available?

mikho wrote:

West Virginia is OpenVZ 7 (newer kernel amon other things) and the templates for OpenVZ6 is not compatible.
The command in the control panel is there because the minimal debian9 template doesn’t have sshd installed.

Minimal templates for OpenVZ7 is on the todo list but I’ve focused on getting settings like tun/tap available in the control panel first.

I have a few other things up my sleeve, I hope that I will have the time to create minimal templates during the holidays in December.

Sounds good. Until then I've done a dist-upgrade to 9.

Board footer