#1 2017-12-06 11:01:33

oliau
Low End Boss Down Under

Notice regarding Sydney Ransom IT LES location

Hi all, I have decided to stop offering LES services further under Ransom IT from Sydney. Existing services can remain online until you request a cancellation. There is no plan to turn off existing services or alter them in anyway.

Honestly I really like the LES project and want to support it, BUT (and this is not an exaggeration) there are probably 1 in 4 people out there who are basically ruining it for everyone - constant tickets, support queries, private messages on other forums like LET or emails about the service. All without going to the forum first and after agreeing to exactly NOT do that. Overall I am actually genuinely shocked at how badly people are basically abusing a service which I (and I am quite sure other providers) are running as a community service that makes no profit. It genuinely seems a quarter of people think that the terms don't apply to them or they are somehow exempted from it. People even imply that they believe this in their tickets or messages. The number of times I read something along the lines of "I know I agreed this but..." is amazing.

So as my business has changed (grown significantly) and priorities lay elsewhere it is a bit sad to have to come to this point because so many people were abusing it.

That said I am glad that a few others are perhaps more tolerant and have better systems in place to deal with people who can't follow instructions, and since my business has changed a lot in the last years I am aiming to donate 2 or 3 dedicated systems to LES project for someone else to run (likely mikho or Anthony). First will be in Sydney alongside the existing setup. Second probably in Auckland (New Zealand), and if there is demand I can probably do another in Perth (Western Australia). If there aren't any major issues it is possible that down the track I can add other locations as well.

I'll still stick around and see what is happening but it's not viable to offer it under my own brand anymore.

#2 2017-12-06 12:07:14

mikho
Low End Mod
Website

Re: Notice regarding Sydney Ransom IT LES location

I wish you the best oliau! 

Anthony and I are here for you if you ever need something.

#3 2017-12-06 12:49:49

spyder2017
Trusted Member

This is exactly what I feared and had voiced a similar post in the General Support Section yesterday.
So sad to see this happen but totally understand why it has come to this.

Hope we get Sydney location and the rest of the providers manage this.
While the customers  pay for this service to me this is like a community service offered for the good of the community as I don't think the providers     make much out it.
It's sad and annoying that most of us have to suffer due to the actions of a few.

#4 2017-12-06 22:04:10

WSS
Trusted Member

NoooooooOOO!   @oliau  It'll be sad to see you leave, but I'll be keeping my VPS.  I don't believe I've ever directly wasted your time in the past.

RbyeR4Nm.png

#5 2017-12-07 00:55:54

DavidGestionDBI
Provider-Moderator
Website

It's sad to see you go. sad  This was a really nice location to our community, but I can understand your reasons.

LES customers should start to read carefully what they are buying if they wish to keep this service alive and make fun on those little VPS.

If you need anything, let me know buddy!

-----------
David B. |  Technical Director at Gestion DBI ||  Want to receive our promotions?
IT consulting and Hosting Provider | 24/7 Technical Support

#6 2017-12-07 01:38:01

WSS
Trusted Member

@DavidGestionDBI From how I read it, he's willing to endure the cost of the hardware towards the goal, but not the management of us idiots.

Wanna split up Oz with Ant for us to take over other locales?   We still need France, too!

RbyeR4Nm.png

#7 2017-12-07 08:44:31

Backtogeek
Low End Boss
Website

Mikho is rescuing the locations I believe with olivers generous sponsorship.

http://LittleHappyCloud.net KVM VPS with 1TB Bandwidth for €3.00

#8 2017-12-07 09:19:06

manjana
Trusted Member

I hope mikho (+ David, Ant ofc) have a lot of staying power. LES is a great project.

It's really sad that so many people seem to abuse it.

Last edited by manjana (2017-12-07 09:19:38)

#9 2017-12-08 00:23:35

DavidGestionDBI
Provider-Moderator
Website

If Mikho need help, pretty sure he knows where to find me wink

-----------
David B. |  Technical Director at Gestion DBI ||  Want to receive our promotions?
IT consulting and Hosting Provider | 24/7 Technical Support

#10 2017-12-10 01:48:18

Dextronox
Trusted Member

Thanks Oliver for putting up with us for as long as you did, all the best for the future.

Sidenote - have any plans to start offering your VPS lineup in Perth?

#11 2017-12-10 10:53:34

oliau
Low End Boss Down Under

Cheers everyone for the positive comments. I think me stepping back from actually dealing with LES users directly will if anything mean I can support it more from a behind the scenes perspective. As mentioned I plan to offer a node in Sydney for someone else to run (at this stage looks like mikho) and then soon after one in Auckland as well. Perth would be the next one to do.

My business already has a presence in all those locations, and to answer your question Dextronox I will have Perth and Brisbane covered before end of January as well. Then I'll be the only VPS provider with offerings in every AU city with over 1 million people as well as Auckland and Tokyo.

Board footer