#1 2018-04-12 18:29:24

Anastasia
Trusted Member

User data protection

Under what conditions do you cooperate with other countries and give them data on registered users?
I am interested in what you will do if you are asked by the government of other countries to provide user registration data?

what legislation do you obey?

#2 2018-04-13 06:29:04

Backtogeek
Low End Boss
Website

Re: User data protection

The would need a U.K. Court order in most cases.

https://upto32.com retro gaming and nostalgia forum that does not take itself to seriously smile

#3 2018-04-13 08:10:11

mikho
Low End Mod
Website

In my case it is Swedish law (and EU in those occasions it is the same).

In those cases servers are hosted in other countries, you are responsible for not hosting illegal stuff in those countries.

#4 2018-04-13 13:28:04

Anastasia
Trusted Member

on servers, nothing will happen. they'll be empty without data. they will be used as a VPN proxy. I live in Russia, we could put in jail just for what you wrote in the social network is not acceptable to post. it's scary to live here, so I want to protect myself.

I need assurances that you won't hand over my data for nothing without a court order.

#5 2018-04-13 14:55:38

Backtogeek
Low End Boss
Website

@Anastasia, its actually illegal for me to hand over your data without a court order.

That said, please be aware, monitoring most VPN traffic etc has been child's play for GCHQ and indeed many ISP's who do log data for a number of years now, so if your government was motivated enough and wanted to know what you had been doing my assurances mean nothing, getting a court order is trivial these days for a government agency and the chances are they would get the data themselves without needing one if you do anything that would motivate them.

Not trying to put you off, but I would suggest if you are literally concerned for your freedom hiding behind a none SLA service that costs less than a jar of coffee for a whole year is probably not the route you should be going down.

https://upto32.com retro gaming and nostalgia forum that does not take itself to seriously smile

#6 2018-04-14 04:27:59

WSS
Trusted Member

I always wear data protection.  It's the only way for safe bitsex.

RbyeR4Nm.png

Board footer