#1 2018-10-12 21:01:31

bobbyuy
Trusted Member
Registered: 2018-10-12
Posts: 6

Unbuntu 16

How do i inport a certain folder and how do i open the VM

Offline

#2 2018-10-13 08:39:02

Backtogeek
Low End Boss
From: ~/
Registered: 2013-02-13
Posts: 3,836
Website

Re: Unbuntu 16

Could you be a lot more descriptive of what you want to do please?


https://upto32.com retro gaming and nostalgia forum that does not take itself to seriously smile

Offline

#3 2018-10-13 12:52:54

bobbyuy
Trusted Member
Registered: 2018-10-12
Posts: 6

Re: Unbuntu 16

Backtogeek wrote:

Could you be a lot more descriptive of what you want to do please?

So basically I am wanting to add a certain file into the vps and be able to open it. But I am not sure how to do it and is there a virtual machine I can open?

Offline

#4 2018-10-13 12:57:16

Backtogeek
Low End Boss
From: ~/
Registered: 2013-02-13
Posts: 3,836
Website

Re: Unbuntu 16

You can add a file via scp, plenty of windows scp clients available e.g winscp

I dont know what type of file it is so I cant tell you how to open it.

"is there a virtual machine I can open" that question makes no sense, check your email marked (READ IN FULL) for access instructions.


https://upto32.com retro gaming and nostalgia forum that does not take itself to seriously smile

Offline

#5 2018-10-13 13:09:02

bobbyuy
Trusted Member
Registered: 2018-10-12
Posts: 6

Re: Unbuntu 16

Backtogeek wrote:

You can add a file via scp, plenty of windows scp clients available e.g winscp

I dont know what type of file it is so I cant tell you how to open it.

"is there a virtual machine I can open" that question makes no sense, check your email marked (READ IN FULL) for access instructions.

Its just an .exe file that I need to put in but is there a way I can just put a folder that has all the stuff in it?

Offline

#6 2018-10-13 13:47:02

Backtogeek
Low End Boss
From: ~/
Registered: 2013-02-13
Posts: 3,836
Website

Re: Unbuntu 16

exe files run on windows, you can make them work sort of on linux but frankly with you obvious lack of even basic knowledge (no offence) you have no chance.


https://upto32.com retro gaming and nostalgia forum that does not take itself to seriously smile

Offline

#7 2018-10-13 16:26:43

bobbyuy
Trusted Member
Registered: 2018-10-12
Posts: 6

Re: Unbuntu 16

Backtogeek wrote:

exe files run on windows, you can make them work sort of on linux but frankly with you obvious lack of even basic knowledge (no offence) you have no chance.

I am just wanting to know the command to import a file and open it.

Last edited by bobbyuy (2018-10-13 17:09:43)

Offline

#8 2018-10-13 20:09:15

Backtogeek
Low End Boss
From: ~/
Registered: 2013-02-13
Posts: 3,836
Website

Re: Unbuntu 16

I have explained it to you already, I cannot understand it for you though, I suggest you google in your own language for a solution, none of what you are saying makes any sense.


https://upto32.com retro gaming and nostalgia forum that does not take itself to seriously smile

Offline

#9 2018-10-13 23:10:48

bobbyuy
Trusted Member
Registered: 2018-10-12
Posts: 6

Re: Unbuntu 16

Backtogeek wrote:

I have explained it to you already, I cannot understand it for you though, I suggest you google in your own language for a solution, none of what you are saying makes any sense.

Yes but the problem is with WinSCP I cant login for some reason.

Offline

#10 2018-10-14 05:57:43

Backtogeek
Low End Boss
From: ~/
Registered: 2013-02-13
Posts: 3,836
Website

Re: Unbuntu 16

look at the email (READ IN FULL) again, you are probably using the wrong IP or port number.

I am not in your head, I cannot see what you see, if you tell me nothing except 'not work' I don't understand why you think i can help.


https://upto32.com retro gaming and nostalgia forum that does not take itself to seriously smile

Offline

#11 2018-10-14 12:26:26

bobbyuy
Trusted Member
Registered: 2018-10-12
Posts: 6

Re: Unbuntu 16

Backtogeek wrote:

look at the email (READ IN FULL) again, you are probably using the wrong IP or port number.

I am not in your head, I cannot see what you see, if you tell me nothing except 'not work' I don't understand why you think i can help.

Do you have anywhere else where I can contact u?

Offline

#12 2018-10-14 14:37:54

Backtogeek
Low End Boss
From: ~/
Registered: 2013-02-13
Posts: 3,836
Website

Re: Unbuntu 16

No sorry.


https://upto32.com retro gaming and nostalgia forum that does not take itself to seriously smile

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB