LowEndSpirit Forum

PLEASE READ

This forum will be gone in 2020 please use: https://talk.lowendspirit.com for news, updates and offers, support will be handled directly by your VPS provider via their ticket system from now on

PLEASE READ

***** Link New Forum Link New Forum Link New Forum Link New Forum Link New Forum Link *****

PLEASE READ

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-10 14:38:05

skorous
Trusted Member

IPv6 only

Only thread I was able to find was one by willie from five years ago. Is it possible to go IPv6 only on LES servers? I tried setting ONBOOT=no in venet0:0 but a reboot 'fixes' it for me. I tried setting it to no and making the file immutable but a reboot again fixes it by creating venet0:1. Any clues? Obviously I can script deleting it after it boots or something but I'm hoping there's a better solution I'm missing.

Tangent: why does the search function ignore the word 'only'? If you do a subject only search for "ipv6 only" or "ipv6 AND only" it shows you any topic with the word ipv6. "ipv6 AND invalid" returns only two valid hits so I believe it's seeing both terms and just tossing 'only' out for some reason. Weird.

#2 2019-08-13 15:18:22

WSS
Trusted Member

Re: IPv6 only

OpenVZ doesn't listen to what you do, it runs it's own init scripts.

You can always disable ipv4 with sysctl:

sysctl -w net.ipv4.conf.default.disable_ipv4=1

You can probably do it by interface too, but I haven't played with OVZ6 for awhile in this manner, so I'm not 100% sure.

RbyeR4Nm.png

#3 2019-08-13 15:59:25

skorous
Trusted Member

Thanks WSS,  sysctl was my first thought as well but when I looked that parameter didn't seem to exist.

[~]# sysctl -a | grep -i disable_ipv4
sysctl: separators should not be repeated: /.fake
sysctl: separators should not be repeated: /.fake
[~]#

I'm probably going to have to script something up anyway. While playing with it I realized resolv.conf defaults to IPv4 and I'm sure I'll find other things.

#4 2019-08-13 16:58:44

mikho
Low End Mod
Website

I’m sure that both Virtualizor and Solus will bork your machine, or revert the changes you make on the next boot.

#5 2019-08-13 17:01:48

skorous
Trusted Member

Sorry, didn't make that clear. I meant that I'll to script something that runs equivalent to rc.sysinit so I can break it every time it boots.

Board footer